Making lists is my nervous habit. I lay out my life in concise, neat, bulleted notes, then chew my pencil, tap my foot, frown… and write another list. It soothes me. I have a moment of control over the swirling chaos in my head. And yes, I am a control freak.
I am excited for 2013. By the end of this year, I will go through a wonderful change in my life. I will finally be on a path to graduate college. I’ll be in a new city, at a new school, and alone. Brand New. Clean. I’ll be leaving Santa Barbara- my “incubation” town. Here, I learned how to be independent, committed, and determined. I learned how to recover when things don’t happen the right way the first time. I learned how to dress up for a night club, I learned how to patiently bake bread, I learned how to write a love letter. It’s time for a new chapter. I’m ready to emerge as a self actualized woman.
My 2013 List.
- Work hard, and take pride in it.
- Spend less. Especially on coffee, snacks, and eating out in general.
- Be a responsible buyer. Buy local, organic, and humane.
- Bicycle commute as much as possible.
- Climb hard. Send V7 outdoors by the end of summer.
- Give people the benefit of the doubt, and forgive easily.
- Smile more.
- Create more. Write, draw, make music, dance, act.
- Be proactive.
- Consume more media.
- Blog and tweet more.
- Go to bed and rise earlier.
- Take more chances.